4.09.2010

Color Me Red


http://renge.shop-pro.jp & http://media.photobucket.com

The whole Vampirism research makes me wonder what kind of effect does the color red exactly have on people. In fact, my favorite color is red although you barely see me dress in that color. At any rate, my choice color deeply stems from my childhood memories of Haribo Gummi Bear and the Power Rangers.

When I was young, my mother used to buy us Gummi Bear candies on special occasions. I particularly liked the red ones as they reminded me of a red magic potion featured in one of the children's books I discovered earlier. More precisely, this magic potion was supposed to give a boy telepathic power that enables him to read others' minds. I used to deliberately picked all red out and eat them all by myself and then pretended as if I were able to hear what people on the streets were thinking. It drove my sister crazy.

In the kindergarten, I used to fought over the Red ranger role with boys while most girls peacefully settled with either the Yellow or Pink ranger. As a child, the Red seemed to me the coolest ranger of all, who saves the world with his slightly geeky 007-isque aptitude whereas I had almost no recollections of what the Yellow, Pink or any other colors were actually capable of. I vaguely recall, the Yellow was weighty and had an obsession for curry, and the Pink often made awful feminist remarks. In any case, I had no coolness whatsoever to pull off such herculean tasks except for that of the Red's.

Apart from my puerile perception of the color, the things that I associate the most with red are; Ernest "Che" Guevara, hot chili peppers, Conan O'Brien and an anecdote from a friend’s mother who used to be a diplomat’s wife. According to this lady, diplomats and their family members are, at any time when they are flying, prohibited from wearing garments or carrying possessions that contains even a tint of red as the color is considered to be one of the primal elements which provokes hijackers.

I find red is the color which gives me a momental adrenaline rush and metamorphic sensation. For instance, when I am in a red decorated room, sipping Bloody Mary at Sunday brunch or wearing my favorite red "Elvis=Evil" t-shirt, I persistently feel under the influence and get easily inspired. I believe it's not only the substance in the cocktail that shows me delusions. When I am surrounded by red, readers I am not joking, I often feel more bold and feel this inexplicable internal burst, then I gradually become self-conscious and that's when I snap quite effortlessly. In that sense, red to me is just like an herbal enhancer or a boyfriend who I prefer taking advantage of seasonally. In other words, despite my constant crave, I prefer not to dress in red 24/7/365.



1 comment:

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com